Dr. Haley Augustine
Dr. Augustine is a Board-Certified, Fellowship trained Plastic surgeon and an active member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Born and raised in Toronto.
During medical training, Dr. Augustine was drawn to plastic surgery while she was exposed to the artistry and detail demanded in the specialty. After completing plastic surgery training at McMaster University in Hamilton, she went on to complete a fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital in hand, wrist, and peripheral nerve surgery. Prior to medicine, Dr. Augustine completed her Masters in occupational therapy at Dalhousie University and continues to combine her therapeutic approach and surgical expertise to treat her patients. Throughout training, Dr. Augustine received multiple accolades and awards for her research, teaching, and academic excellence.
As a woman and mother, Dr. Augustine appreciates the changes a woman may experience as they age. She commands an artistic yet thoughtful approach to her patients by working to achieve natural results based on individual goals and lifestyle. Dr. Augustine treats all facets of plastic and reconstructive surgery, including breast surgery, body and facial contouring, as well as skin cancers and wounds, with a special interest in hand and peripheral nerve surgery. Dr. Augustine’s attention to detail, capable and friendly approach will prove to benefit everyone she meets.
Dr. Augustine’s training and qualifications include:
- Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery– University of Toronto, Toronto ON
- FRCSC in Plastic Surgery – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Plastic Surgery Residency – McMaster University, Hamilton ON
- Licentiate of Medical Council of Canada Examinations – Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Doctorate of Medicine – Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Masters of Science Occupation Therapy – Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Honors Bachelor of Life Sciences – Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
Dr. Augustine is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Association of Women Surgeons (AWS)
- Ontario Medical Association/Canadian Medical Association (OMA/CMA)